Bucharest Jewish Heritage Tour
Visit the main highlights of the Jewish Heritage in Bucharest on a private tour of the old Jewish neighborhood.
The private tour covers the centuries old rich history of the Jewish community and focuses on the beautiful heritage of the Jewish neighborhood. At the heart of this area are three beautiful 19th century temples, hidden from sight behind communist buildings from the ’80s.
Two of the synagogues host museums dedicated to the the History of Jews in Romania and to the Martyrs of the Holocaust. The recently renovated and amazingly beautiful Choral Temple is the only active synagogue in Bucharest.
Jewish heritage in Romania is omnipresent in culture, two leading examples from the tour are: the Jewish State Theater and the modernist architecture designs of Marcel Iancu.
Book the Jewish Heritage tour to explore the rich and beautiful local Jewish heritage!
Please ask for a price quotation at office@wheninBucharest.com, we will get back to you in less than 12 hours. Thanks!
- Licensed guide services in English / French / Italian
- Permanent assistance during tour
- Bucharest map
- Starting location at your hotel
- Old Jewish Neighborhood
- Choral Temple (active temple)
- Holy Union Synagogue (Jewish History Museum)
- Great Polish Synagogue (Holocaust Memorial)
- Modernist architecture by Marcel Iancu
- Jewish State Theater