Bucharest Day Tour
Visit the best highlights of Bucharest and connect to the local culture in the company of your local guide!
The itinerary is designed to cover the Bucharest’s essential landmarks: University Square, the Romanian Athenaeum, Victory Avenue, Revolution Square, the Old Town and the Palace of the Parliament. In between these highlights are hidden off the beaten path a few beautiful spots, waiting to be explored!
Providing a good introduction to the local history and culture, this private tour is interactive and allows you to get to know the overall story of the city and country.
Your guide will answer your questions to better understand how Romanians live nowadays and how they think and feel about their past and future. The tour takes into account your interests and there will be time for a traditional lunch, a fresh local lemonade or shopping for souvenirs. During the tour there are two museums are visited: the Romanian Athenaeum and the Parliament.
At the end of the day tour you will have a better understanding of Bucharest’s rich heritage: Romance language, Christian Orthodox faith, Balkan flavor, French architecture and Communist heritage, to name just a few of the main local traits!
Book this private tour to experience the local culture and enjoy a lovely day exploring Bucharest!
1-2 persons: 150 €
3 persons : 180 €
4 persons : 220 €
* For larger groups, please write us at office@wheninBucharest.com and we will reply asap with a personalized price offer. Thanks very much!
Duration: 6 hours
Included: English speaking licensed guide, Bucharest map, local recommendations
Excluded: museum entrace fees, traditional lunch break
- Romanian Athenaeum (Bucharest Philharmonic) – interior visit
- Palace of the Parliament (House of the People) [closed for visits until July 2019; outside view only]
- Civic Center – communist neighborhood from the ’80s
- Revolution Square ( Royal Palace, former HQ of the Communist Party, Rebirth Memorial)
- Traditional lunch in historic venue
- Calea Victoriei / Victory Avenue – oldest boulevard in the city
- Old Town (pedestrian area with many landmarks)
- University Square