Bucharest Jewish Heritage Tour | Private Walking Tour
Visit the main highlights of the Jewish Heritage in Bucharest on a private tour of the old Jewish neighborhood.
The private tour covers the centuries old rich history of the local Jewish community and focuses on the beautiful heritage of the Jewish neighborhood. At the heart of this area are three beautiful 19th century temples, hidden from sight behind communist buildings from the ’80s.
Two of the synagogues host museums dedicated to the the History of Jews in Romania and commemorating the Holocaust. The recently renovated and amazingly beautiful Choral Temple is the main active synagogue in Bucharest.
Despite the small size of the community, Jewish heritage in Romania is alive in many aspects of local history, social and cultural life. A few examples from the tour are: the Jewish State Theater, the Jewish secular school and the modernist architecture designed by Marcel Iancu.
Book the Jewish Heritage tour to explore the rich and beautiful local Jewish heritage!
1 – 2 persons: 140 €
3 – 4 persons: 150 €
5 – 6 persons: 170 €
7 – 8 persons: 190 €
9 persons: 210 €
* For larger groups, please write us at office@wheninBucharest.com and we will reply asap with a personalized price offer. Thanks very much!
Duration: 3 hours
Included: English speaking licensed guide, local recommendations
Not included: museum/synagogues entrance fees (roughly 10 euros / person)
- Old Jewish Neighborhood
- Choral Temple (active temple)
- Holy Union Synagogue (Jewish History Museum)
- Great Polish Synagogue (Holocaust Memorial)
- Modernist architecture by Marcel Iancu (outside view)
- Jewish State Theater (outside view)