Communist Bucharest Tour
Explore Bucharest’s communist heritage and the main sites linked to this compelling period which made a deep mark on Romanian history.
The famous House of the People, now the Romanian Parliament, is the tour’s main highlight together with the former residence of the Ceausescu dictator – the Spring Palace.
To understand the outburst of violence of the Romanian Revolution of 1989, together with your local guide you will follow the steps of the events that took place in Revolution Square.
Your guide will share with you the history, dates and facts, as well as stories and photos from the communist period, making it easier to grasp what day to day life was like in those times.
To sweeten the taste of the stories from the old days, you are invited to try out a few sweet treats popular in the communist period.
1 person: 160 €
2 persons: 180 €
* For larger groups, please write us at office@wheninBucharest.com and we will reply asap with a personalized price offer. Thanks very much!
Duration: 7-8 hours
Included: English speaking licensed guide, Bucharest map, local recommendations, private transportation by taxi/Uber or public transportation tickets
Not Included: museum entrance fees, optional lunch / coffee break in historic venue
- Palace of the Parliament (“House of the People”) (inside visit)
- Spring Palace (former residence of the Ceausescu family) (inside visit, except Mondays)
- Civic Center, communist neighborhood from the 1980s: Constitution Square, view over the former Victory of Socialism Boulevard, churches “moved” during the communist demolitions
- Revolution Square Square (site of the Romanian Revolution of 1989): former Central Committee of the Communist Party, Rebirth Memorial, former Royal Palace
- former Congres Hall hosting the Communist Congresses